-->

Friday, August 22, 2014

What's Happening???

For one, it is less than 11 weeks from IMFL.

How's my training going?

Very carefully and very s-l-o-w-l-y.  Back in May I was attacked by a dog in three different spots.  It required an ER visit and stitches.  The trauma caused by the bite to my leg was likely making the recovery of my Achilles Tendonit... wait, no, Peroneal Tedonitis, NO... Achilles...

Yeah, what she said. 

See, we (Podiatrist, Ortho or DC) weren't at all sure what was happening.  The only thing we knew is that I could not run without pain in back of my heel.  I started treating my Achilles again, and things are improving very slowly. 

I've been swimming and biking -- and both are going okay.  I am still missing at least a bike session a week, which I really hate to own up to, but I am on track to have average times that will leave me enough time for the walk/run I will need to do.

Sure, I wish I was more committed to my training.  I mean, I had these visions of being capable of dedicating 15 hours a week to training, but it's just not my reality, so I am making the most of the time I do have. I know I'm driving CC nuts and some days he probably wonders why I even bother.  
Between work and family, both of which have to come first, it has been quite a juggle.  Even my Husband is saying, "Hey, shouldn't you be training?"

To finish I have to make it to the start line, so that's my first goal.  My second, if I make the first, is to finish.

1:45 long walk/run this weekend and a 5 hour bike; making it close to 85 miles.

School starts next week, so I have one more upheaval in schedule before my Aquabike at Redman in September, my rehearsal for IMFL.






0 comments:

Post a Comment