-->

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Counting Down

Here's what is ahead of me for the next year!  Exciting!!

Admittedly it has been a challenge to get back in the swing of things.  It makes me worry (a little) that once the official training for IMFL starts I won't get everything in. These days I don't know if I am coming or going!  By the end of the day I am just flat-out exhausted!  I know it will get better, but right now it is super-tough.

The first step has to be getting back to eating well a larger percent of the time. I string a couple days together here and there, but then blow it, in a moment, without even realizing what I am doing.  I am so busy that I am not "present" 100% of the time.  For me, that's what it takes to be successful with eating well the majority of the time. I will be blogging food again, so get ready for the boring daily food posts.  :)

The second thing has to be running.  Ugh!  My albatross! Since I haven't been running ridiculously inconsistently for the last year, it is worse than the slow I already was.  I have not been 100% consistent with getting my runs in either -- it's crazy really.  I don't think it's about not wanting to run -- it's more about not wanting see how bad it is.  I am much, much better when I run without my Garmin... that is until I download the data.  Ugh!  I download the data and then the self-loathing begins.  It's a vicious circle and one that I have to get through if I'm going to make it 345 days!  It is going to be a slow process.


For swimming, I'm hoping for the start of a Masters swim program in the next few months.  Otherwise I may go back to my old Masters swim program; new coaches make me uncertain though.  No preconceived notion of them, just that they are new to me.   This year is about learning to be vulnerable though, so the right thing for my mind is probably to get outside my comfort zone and go back.  I'm working on that.

Biking won't be too hard -- that comes easiest for me.  Just getting the rides in the during the week will be a challenge, but I'm hoping to Have Trainer and Travel, to get some of my hour long rides in while Cassie is at Swim team practice.

I need to utilize the next 30 days to get my head straight and continue to remind myself that I am an athlete, believe I am an athlete and live like an athlete.   :)




0 comments:

Post a Comment