-->

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Getting Re-focused

Bricking... well, grabbing a drink.
Post-surgery it's been a little challenge staying focused.  It's about to become more challenging with Swim Team for Cassie starting up again, School (for Cassie), and Hubs now training for his first Marathon, not to mention his work schedule is a bit demanding these days.

It's not that it's insurmountable, it's all about getting through it and then improving the efficiency of the routine. It takes planning and communication.  I"m a planner.  Hubs is not.  We manage, though sometimes it can be tough when the pressures of everything else come crashing at the same time.   

Tonight I'm supposed to be bricking but I have so much on my plate before a busy weekend.  See how well I'm utilizing my time right now?  I'm blogging!

This weekend is Clear Lake International Triathlon.  I'm doing a relay, since my biking and running really aren't up to par yet.  The Race is on Saturday and I'm looking forward to it... with a "Hell Yeah!"

On Saunday, CC has organized a "Really, really long ride" for his athletes doing the Redman 140.6 or Full Duathlon.  It will be 112 miles of double loop goodness.  I'll ride the first loop (56 miles) then provide SAG for the 2nd.  I'm going to go from riding 90 minutes to over 3 hours... yeah, that's smart.  :-/

My swimming improving.  My running is coming along.  My biking is sucking because I haven't been immersing myself in it as I should be.  Grrrrr!  No one's fault but mine and it's got to change.  Boy, wll it change, come Sunday!  LOL

This post is so random.  I had a bunch of stuff I wanted to write, but lost my train of thought.  Oh well.

Some big news to announce in the next few weeks. Hopefully. :)

Good luck to my friends at Ironman Canada!  Wish I was there sherpa-ing.



0 comments:

Post a Comment