-->

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

How Things Work & Remembering

Remembering...
Today marks the 2nd anniversary of losing my friend and "sister" Elysha.  She's been on my mind since late last week, when I finally retrieved my tri jersey from her Husband.  I hated to ask for it in a way, because no matter how I asked, I just felt like a jerk!

Honestly though, I'm glad I did.  That jersey is even more special to me now.

When I got the jersey, it still smelled like her.  I know that may sound creepy to some, but it was comforting to me.  After all, I was racing the following weekend, why wouldn't I want to "feel" her with me?  And I know she was... in every picture taken I was smiling. :)  Even the pictures taken when I was running!

How things work...
Today is the anniversary of her death and I remember her fondly.  Today is also the day that my single, closest friend, besides Elysha, had some extremely wonderful  news of goodness coming her way.  I was so happy for her.  This friend is one of the most special people I've known and I'm proud to call her my  BFF :)

It doesn't end there though.  It's only beginning.  My BFF wants to help me achieve my ultimate dream in a big way.  I can't say much more, but as we were talking about it, it occurred to us that there is no doubt  Elysha is orchestrating from above, especially since I got the news today, of all days.

Between my supportive Husband going along with the new bike, my great race, my amazing BFF, I am not sure what I have done to deserve all these blessings.  It's like all these things were happening when I was just starting to feel like maybe my Ironman dream was a lot  farther down the path than I hoped.

So much to look forward to.  So much to be thankful for.




1 comments:

Mike said...

Sounds like a great day and nice memories of your friend. Pretty cool really.

Post a Comment