-->

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Strong of Mind... Again

No.  The sky isn't falling -- though it might seem so with a second post in one day.  I just read a blog post, at Invictus, which really resonated with me.  Just to give appropriate credit, the entry was written by Sage Burgener (and her brother, Casey)

Go.  Now.  Read it.  (then come back).  I'll wait.  :)

The stuff he writes about commitment, and what it really means to commit to something.  I know that as committed as I may appear to be on some things, there are things which hold me back from committing fully.  These are my mental weaknesses. 

A portion of the letter reads, "Every decision you make should be a conscious one in becoming a better person. Every decision you make has meaning to it, and you pursue a better self constantly. The friends you choose, the people you surround yourself with... Surround yourself with people who want to make themselves better, and who in turn push you to make you better." 

I think this is one of the reasons I enjoy triathlon and time at my Crossfit gym so much.  I'm surrounded by awesome energy.  How could someone not want to be around that once you've had a taste of it?  In both sports, these people around me work nearly as hard to encourage one another as they work on themselves.  These are the kinds of people you want around to succeed.  People who believe in you on the days you're not such a believer in yourself.  The people who put momentary lapses into perspective, in that if you just move forward from the point of faltering, you are golden.  That's when you show your true strength.  

Have an amazing day. :)

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment