-->

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Thursday Thirteen


It's been a while since I've TT'd.  I always think about it, but then never make it a point to do so.

1)  So my mobile phone insurance only replaces my phone with a refurbished phone.  I got my replacement.  It's black, not red, like my initial one.  Bummer.  Does the term *refurb* just leave you thinking, "When is this one gonna break?"

2)  Hubs and Cassinator are on their way to AL to visit Nana.  I have little vacation time, so I am saving my time to take Cassie to NJ before School starts.

3)  I'm spending the weekend training and reclaiming our office.  Painter is coming tomorrow to paint it, but first I have to clean it out. We converted it to a play room for Cassie when she was little, because she wouldn't play upstairs alone.  Now she's all cool with having her own space.

4)  I like to think I'm organized, but man over the last couple years Peter Walsh could teach me a thing or two.

5)  Major network infrastructure upgrade is happening next week.  My first attempt at planning and executing.  While it is not a complex network, I'm still soooo nervous and unsure.

6)  I made the most amazing sandwich for lunch the last couple days:  amazing toasted wheat bread, chicken breast, low fat/low sodium Meunster, tomato, a teaspoon of Briana's Vinegarette and avocado.  Yum!

7)  Registered for Clear Lake Int'l and learned Dave Scott will be there! Also registered for the Galveston Sand Crab 5k/10k night run for me and Darren.  Now that's a date night... huh?  

8)  I made these from Little Bitty Bakes.  They were fabulous.  While hubs didn't like them all that well, others loved them!  The "brown butter" gave it an awesome taste, and I'm not a fan of oatmeal cookies!

9)  When I'm not working on the office, I'll probably be training!  Go figure.

10)  "When people show you who they are believe them."  Seriously.  Dr. Angelou knew what she was talkin' about.

11)  I get extremely touched when people are thoughtful and think of me.  Especially when it comes completely unexpectedly, like in a pair of gifted "I'm with awesome" socks.

12)  Last funny thing I saw posted on Facebook:  "My vagina is a a gaping hole of disappointment"

13)  LOL.  No, really. Although probably not so funny to the author of number 12.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others’ comments. It’s easy, and fun!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like number 10. That's good relationship advice. Happy TT!

http://otherworlddiner.blogspot.com/2012/01/ask-editor.html

Donna said...

Hmmm, somehow reposted an old TT! Yikes!

I am Harriet said...

I've heard about those refurbished replacements.


Have a great day!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2012/01/woman-gives-birth-on-subway/

CountryDew said...

My husband's insurance also replaces his phones with refurbs, and sometimes they don't work much better than the one he broke. I think it's a rip off!

Post a Comment