-->

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Anxiety Gap

Just read this on Facebook...
Psychotherapist Fritz Pearls said:
"Anxiety is the gap between the now and the later."
Where is your attention? Do you live in "the later" more than the now?
Then you are trapped in your thoughts, because what is the future other than a thought in your head?  Only your thoughts can make you anxious!  Bring your attention to the now. Seeing, listening, breathing, feeling the aliveness inside your body. Welcome home.
With love,  Eckhart.[Tolle]
Forgive me if it all seems a little tree-huggin' hippy for you, but I dig anything that keeps me "present."  I make my best choices when I am present.  Before you know it, life will pass you by and you lose time you just can't get back.

1 comments:

Christy said...

I like this post! Reminds me of what I'm going through right now. Trying to live in the moment not down the road....

Post a Comment