-->

Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Read This...

Okay, if you've seen the recent Nike ad, you can't have fun here. If you haven't, then read on.

“My butt is big and round like the letter C and ten thousand lunges has made it rounder but not smaller and that’s just fine. It’s a space heater for my side of the bed/ It’s my ambassador to those who walk behind me/ It’s a border collie that herds skinny women away from the best deals at clothing sales. My butt is big and that’s just fine and those who might scorn it are invited to kiss it. Just do it.” Nike.

What do you think when you read this?

For me, I think it's kind of cool and reminiscent of the Dove campaign where they used "average" women/models in their advertising.  I think it's verbiage that makes a woman feel comfortable with her imperfections... learning to accept them and finding the positive.  Don't like it much that it pokes digs at skinny chicks, they have issues too.  This isn't about being fat or thin... it's about being comfortable in the skin and body you're in, have self-worth, and treat yourself with kindness and a healthy way of living.

Now... scroll down....


































Read the same ad -- now how do you feel about it?

Does the accompanying picture change your interpretation?

I'm just curious.  I've seen many varying opinions on the Internet.

I'll share my thoughts later.  For now, leave me a note.  What do you think?


1 comments:

sharla said...

It is an empowering slogan.
The model does appear to have athletic legs, my husband (got his opinion) and I both think her butt is normal, but for a model, it is bigger. I remember reading something about "plus sized" models who were a 10/12

Post a Comment