-->

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Recovery

Okay, so surgery is done and now I'm on to the business of recovery.  Here's hoping the Novasure procedure helps minimize my bleeding and keeps me from becoming Anemic, otherwise I have to prep for more drastic measures.  However I'm being optimistic that we're done here. :)

I was pretty solid up until I went into prep.  I tried to hold back the tears for the finality of what was about to happen, but a few escaped.  The nurses were concerned I was doing something against my will, but I let them know otherwise.  I really didn't have a choice.  This is what I have to do to keep me healthy for me, my Hubsand and Daughter who I have in the here and now.  

So my healthy, pink, cushy uterus is now all gray, dingy and, well, just looks old.  They even gave me before and after pictures! It's pretty darned ugly.  Thought I might post pics, but then thought it might been too much.

However, it is interesting how the inside of the uterus looks like Mars. 

They determined the fibroids in question were not inside my uterus, which was good, in that no plucking of anything had to happen, and I only needed the D&C and Ablation.

Official recovery time is 1 day.  1 day for the average person.  Doc asked me what my training plans were and she said, "I don't want you out there riding 5 or 6 miles!"  LOL.  I had to tell her I just rode 50 on Sunday.  She grimaced and said, "Okay, let's give it a few days" and that my training "makes [her] feel like a slug."  So I'm walking for the rest of the week.   Seriously.  My coaches put walks ON my schedule!

In about a month I get to see all my doctors again, and hopefully all with good reports.  :)

Meanwhile here's to the rest of the week with extremely light training.

1 comments:

Christy said...

Glad everything went well!! You will be back to training in no time!

Post a Comment