-->

Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Run/Bike/Run

My morning run/bike/run thing is working pretty good.  This morning I actually woke before my alarm, so maybe my body is adjusting to this early morning stuff.  I am on Week 3...  so almost 21 days.

I got up so early that I took advantage, and got my longer of the 2 runs done first.  Hubs had a meeting this morning and I figured if I got home earlier I could help with Cassie, if needed; both can be a little pokey in the morning. :)

I ran from home, through the 'hood and made it to Bauerschlag in 40:18 for 3.11 miles (12:57 pace). I saw the stats and hit STOP on the time. I took a slow jog the rest of the way to the Y and then I reset it when I started spin, so I guess I somehow wiped it out? Grrrr. I hate that because I like data!  Especially when I feel like I had a pretty good run -- although my heart rate got away from me at about 2.5 miles in and I took a super-quick :10 walk to pull it together.  Other than that, no walk breaks.

Later, my Daughter saw how ticked I was when I realized the data was gone and said, "Well Mommy, you have to do it again then."  Haha!


Spin was good.  I rode with lots of tension today to make the most of my run home.  It was 1.55 miles in 20 minutes for a 13:17 pace, and it was hard going at first, but it got better.  I kept my heart rate pretty steady and in control.  Only stopped for the traffic, and no other walk breaks.  The Run home was more controlled, and my HR was more flat, which is what I'm working towards right now on regular runs. 

Food today:

Breakfast (Usually takes me about 45 minutes to eat this)
4 hard-boiled egg whites
1/2 C. Old Fashioned Oats
1/2 C. Peaches (in 100% Juice, no sugar added)
1 T. Chia Seeds

Lunch
4 oz. Skinless Chicken Breast
Romaine Lettuce
Cherry Tomatoes
1 slice 100% whole wheat bread

PM Snack
Fage Cherry Pomegranite 0% Yogurt

Dinner
Not sure... probably something quick, Subway, since I have a late doctor appt.  

Today is the day I go back to the OBGYN for my ultrasound results and biopsy.  Ugh.  Keep your fingers crossed for me that I can still do Redman.  :)

2 comments:

Christy said...

Sending good vibes to ya!!

silken said...

way to go!

Post a Comment