-->

Thursday, May 05, 2011

Hump Day Training Progress

I just didn't have my run in me last night, so I promised myself I'd wake up extra early, and run through the neighborhood to my spin class down the road at the Y.  I left the house at 4am and got to the Y by 4:45.  Stretched a little and hopped on a spin bike. I missed a transition run on Tuesday, so I decided after spin I'd do that today as well and ran home after Spin.  This worked out pretty well!  I'll probably run there and back from now on.

So I had myself a mini duathlon this morning... competing with just me, myself and I.


Of course this is like the 3 weeks out of the year where the weather is perfect here in Houston.  This morning I left for my run and could see my breath in the headlamp -- that was kind of wild.

What was wilder, is my legs felt pretty darned good.  In fact I felt good all the way around.   I felt good.  Running. What?  :)

Okay, maybe I'm jogging to real runners.  I see it as not having reached my full potential yet, but I will.

In short, my first run was at a 12:17 pace for 3.5 miles.  I've been dying to break 13 -- I've been knocking on the door but I hadn't really seen it consistently.  I'm starting to see 12 something on every workout now!  Yay!

My transition run after spin was 1.6 miles at a 12:25 pace.  Expected it to be slower, BUT I ran the whole thing without my :30 intervals and built my intensity to the end.  I was so surprised my legs didn't feel like crap-ola!

Coach called this morning to say, "Good run this morning!"  He is thinking I need more taper/recovery before a big race.  We're three weeks out from Galveston 70.3 and my legs are feeling good.  :)

Have to celebrate the small stuff.  

Also, I would guess that Iron Infusion is helping tremendously.  I went to Dr. M on Monday and he said that my Iron did come up, but not as high as he expected, given the dose I received.  He said he can't cut me loose yet.  I have to go back in 3 months.

The other thing that is complicating matters, I believe, are Fibroids.  :(  My OBGYN toldme I had them when I delivered my Daughter, but they weren't a problem.  Now I loose sooooo much blood during my period that it doesn't help my Anemia.  Ugh.  Like I tell my Daughter, "Mommy is broken."  LOL

3 comments:

Christy said...

Broken but strong!!!! Lookin' good my friend!

silken said...

good job! need to celebrate what others might call small victories! :)

Mel said...

Hi! I have been MIA for a while and I JUST saw your comment from March about you being a Body Marker too. I wish I would have seen it sooner. I would have loved to have met you. I had so much fun! I can't wait until next year to volunteer again. Hope you had a great time as well.

Post a Comment