-->

Thursday, December 02, 2010

Thursday Thirteen


1) Ugh.  Sick, again, with allergy crud.  Seriously, I need to see an allergist. Nothing is giving me relief, but the last thing I need are steroid shots.  I've resorted to trying local honey in my tea everyday.  Supposedly people get some relief, but it has to be local stuff... made of the pollen that you're suffering from.

2)With regard to number 1, I'm not going into work today.  Yesterday was an absurdly long day.  I was busy and had a ton of work, but I also felt so crappy I didn't even want to drive home.  My head is just pounding! Yesterday I woke at 3:30 am, today 3:00 am, from the pressure.  I brought my laptop home so I can work from home today, and nap as needed.  I always get sick right before a race... RunGirl is a week from Sunday.

3)  I have to take defensive driving on Sunday, to dismiss a ticket.  I can't even be all resentful, because I totally deserved the ticket (I hate that!).  I had a car full of people and we were yackin' it  up on the way to a triathlon to volunteer.  Totally didn't realize how fast I was going.  I swear my new car only wants to go 80 mph -- that's HER happy pace.  At least the cop didn't write the ticket for 20 mph over the speed limit -- I got 14, so I wouldn't get a reckless driving citation.

4) I love Hoops and Yoyo.  They make me smile.  They are so silly and abnoxious, I know, but I can't pass up an aisle of those audible cards with their cute wittle wikenesses on them. :)

5)  I really want a new digital camera.  Something with major optical zoom.  I've loved my Cannon PowerShot over the years, but the first one I bought was the best of all of them.  I need something that's point-and-click easy and not as big as a traditional 35mm.  I'm a Mom... I need to have my camera with me at all times!  The problem is, I don't really NEED a new camera. :)

6)  We have our holiday dinner on Friday night with my work peeps.

7)  Mom is doing great.  Talked to her yesterday and she's fine.  Completely pain free.

8)  I want to relocate my Daughters playroom upstairs to the gameroom, and reclaim our office space.  I need to make the time and a plan to do this.

9)  I love "Words With Friends" -- it's a scrabble game on iPad.  Angry Birds is another game, which is somewhat disturbingly addicting.  *snort*

10)  Have you ever noticed that it's never just quiet in your home?  There's always an electric hum of something in the background.

11)  My BFF goes in for Gastric Sleeve surgery on December 7th.  *fingerscrossed!*

12)  We're planning to have our "Holiday Drive-by" party again.  It was a hit last year.  We just have some food and open the house up for a few hours and let folks drop-in and leave as they need.  Last year we had such a good time that everyone stayed!  You'd think people would have a ton of stuff to do Christmas Eve!

13)  Must. Make. Paula's. Eggnog

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others’ comments. It’s easy, and fun!

1 comments:

Mae Flowers said...

I hope you get some relief from your allergies- when mine get that bad- nothing helps except steroids and my inhaler. It's no fun! Get better!

Post a Comment