-->

Monday, November 29, 2010

Happy Monday!

Wow!   4 days off gave me and my family lots of time to be productive.  It was all good and we were super-duper productive!

I did my 10K on Turkey Day and it was a good race for me, in spite of it being a little warmer than I would have liked.  I stuck to my plan and raced my race.  I wasn't lightening fast, but I finished in 1:24

After, a bunch of my "BAMily" (my husband's term for my tri club friends) came over for breakfast.  I made an egg casserole, among other things, and we shared a meal together.  It was fun and I got my cooking-for-Thanksgiving fix in :)  Later we headed to the brother of our best friend's house for the official Thanksgiving meal.

We opted to stay away from Black Friday shopping and instead visited Dewberry Farm and picked out our Christmas Tree.  She is very pretty, and probably very over priced, but Cassie really enjoys visiting and picking our own tree (Okay, so do Mom and Dad).

We pretty much spent Saturday and Sunday putting up the tree and decorating the house with lights...


On Sunday I did my long run on the actual Run Girl course.  This race is  just 2 weeks away.  My run wasn't that great.  I was supposed to meet others there and they were running late, so I started without them.  I really wasn't sure of the course and that kind a bothered me -- I hate not knowing for sure where I am.  Even though I had a map only a few of the names of the roads on the map actually matched what I saw.  I was very pre-occupied with navigating and slowing down and stopping to assess my location.  I got in 8 miles, but it should have been closer to 9.  I really have no idea how RunGirl will go for me.  I know it's not my "A" race, but we want it to be better than a regular training run. I plan to do my long run out there again next week.  

We chatted a little after our run.  I tried to explain I don't have to be super-fast.  I just want to be able to run a reasonable speed, comfortably.  Comfortably, meaning with enough fitness behind me to enjoy it and be able to run with others.  I'd love to run with a group and be able to chit-chat to pass the time.  Right now that's not possible. Right now I have to work so hard at it, people think I'm not having a good time.  If I'm making progress, I'm having a great time!  

Looking ahead:
2 Weeks until Run Girl 13.1
7 Weeks until USAFit Half Marathon
18 weeks until Lonestar 70.3

I've done a lousy job getting weight training back into my routine.  I know it is exactly what I need, too!  Why is it sooooo difficult to schedule.  Grrrr!  I have to figure out something -- I might have to use the yucky workout room here at work, but at least it's something and that's better than nothing.

Today I have a fartlek run.  I'm hoping it will be a good one. :)

I know I promised the review of Junonia swimsuit.  I've tried it out and it's comfy so far -- I just want a couple more swims in it before I comment.  :)

4 comments:

Vic said...

I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I can do my strength training at home with a exercise ball and some dumbbells. Going "out" to do one more workout often keeps me from doing ANY strength training. Keep up the good work.

saroy said...

I was so annoyed that I missed running with you guys yesterday. Me and my alarm clock are gonna have some words!!

Mae Flowers said...

Sounds like you have a good plan for the next few months with all of your races- good luck!

sharla said...

love the trip to the farm. That memory far outweighs any extra cost of a tree :)

Post a Comment