-->

Saturday, November 06, 2010

Best Wishes to Me!

So today is my birthday.  I turn 43.  That makes my race age 44, so in 2012 I'll be "aging up" when it comes to racing.

You know, "age is just a number." Otherwise, I feel younger than ever. I feel better than I ever did at 29 and really attribute that to my triathlon/fitness efforts.

No matter how bad a training session might be, the one goal I maintain is always achieved. To move... and move I do.I'm still holding my weight +/- a just a  few pounds on any given day (quite literally) thanks to my body's inability to balance hormones, but I'll get there... that's what Dr. B keeps telling me, "Don't give-up Kiddo!" No, really, he calls me, "Kiddo."  :)

Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to go back in time and make the past decisions I've made in the completely opposite fashion I did, but then it would have never brought me to this point.  So while it might be a great fantasy to go back knowing what I know now, it's just that.  A fantasy.  The hardships, trials and tribulations, the celebrations and achievements all contributed to who I am today.  Not to mention I would not have met my Husband or had my Daughter! 

I find myself often pondering spiritual strength, and I don't mean the "I-need-to-get-to-Church-on-Sunday" kid of strength.  I mean the being a peace with who I am kind of strength.  I guess I most often draw on it when I'm contemplating "issues" I need to work through -- and isn't everyone a constant source of work for themselves?  I know strength and clarity come more each day, as long as I keep in the moment and stay conscious to what's happening in life... not just in my life, but in the lives of those around me. 


So, for my birthday, I remind myself that while I am not perfect, I am pretty good.  While events in my life have occurred that quite possibly changed the person I could have been, I'm happy with how I've rolled with the punches, made decisions and moved forward.  

I love and am loved in return.  I celebrate today with my family; my Husband and Daughter (and I guess virtually with the many folks who wished me well on FB)  I can't ask for much more. 

2 comments:

Mel said...

Happy Birthday!! Hope it is wonderful!

sharla said...

Happy Belated Birthday
Hope you had a great day!

Post a Comment