-->

Monday, October 11, 2010

And so it begins...

I met with my coaches this weekend to talk about a plan of attack and discuss the approach to the run strategy they are going to have me use.  All-in-all it makes sense and I'm looking forward to learning more and training with an "approach" from the start.  I think that's what was missing for me when I started training with the local running club last year for my first half-marathon.

So I have my plan, my benchmark workouts and my warm-up races all set.  I'll be running 4 days a week as well as doing some biking, swimming and strength training (Yeah!).

What I need to do next is do a lactate threshold test.   I need to accurately determine where my thresholds are, as working in an anaerobic capacity for too long and hinder my weight loss efforts and in order for me to go faster, I need to make sure I can get my Thyroid to cooperate and maximize efforts to lose.

I still have second thoughts, that maybe I'm biting off more than I can physically and emotionally chew.  They needed me to pick a finish time.  I really didn't want to.  I didn't want to set unrealistic expectations for myself.  However, in order to use their plan of attack we need a pace to start with.  If the benchmarks show I cannot obtain that pace we can make it slower, but once chosen, we can't make it faster.  

I chose a 5:45 marathon for at 13:15 pace.  My half was 3:03 and a 13:45 pace and that was with Glute issues the last 6 miles. 

Coming off the full marathon, I'll be in a great place to roll into the Lonestar 70.3 training. 

There will be lots of biking, in the wind, down in Galveston this Winter. :)

2 comments:

sharla said...

I'm figuring out I reallk don"t actually know how to run- having trouble with hips lifting feet up-

I won a ticket to the go Tribal conference this weekend and immediately honed in on the running clinics

sharla said...

How's the running going?

Post a Comment