-->

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Wow! It's Race Week!

To day is my "Friday" at work, but it's every bit of a Monday.  I have a feeling that anything that can go wrong, will, just to test.  I came into work this morning and our phones were down, as per the norm for this dilapidated area whenever it rains.  It's just a constant fight between us and AT&T.

I have so much to do and in spite of prep done over the weekend, there still seems to be so much more? Why is that?  It's just a tri... only twice the length and complicated with an 8 hour drive to the location.  I don't remember River Cities being this crazy.

But, then again, this is the race I've been training for.  It's going to be great.

My last bike this weekend was wet and short.  I have no problems riding in the rain, unless there's thunder/lightening.  I was supposed to have a 2 hour right, but instead opted to shorten it to 1:20 when the skies decided to open up. Hombre was having some mechanical difficulties with his bike, so I headed back home to grab the car and get him back.  Hubs came for the ride this weekend too -- he's gonna kill it at the Du. :)

My rental wetsuit finally arrived.  It's a 2XU which actually fits -- surprise, surprise!  The one I purchased as a back-up also arrived.  LOL  I'll have to try them out though and see which is best.  I really don't want to buy a new one right now, but I have to have what works best for me.  Some time before Wednesday morning I need to find a moment to swim!  Sh*t!

I have an appointment at the massage therapist tomorrow and really need to go see Doc Thea... my glute is tightening up again.  Must. Roll. Tonight. Cassie's b'day cupcakes are due at school tomorrow, and they're not even made yet -- guess what Mom will be doing tonight while packing. Supermomma, to the rescue!  Thanks to Hubs the laundry got done AND put away all in the same weekend -- at least it will be easy to pack.

=======

Oh man... fast forward >> to Wednesday!

So Wednesday came and went and it was nuts.  I had a great run Wednesday morning and ran at a 12:47 pace -- which is a PR.  The weather was a little cooler so that's what made the difference.  I really needed something good to happen with my running!  Perfect timing.  It was a real confidence booster!

I had a massage and Robin said my IT Bands felt good.  My Glute is still super tight, but I can cope with it, I think.  I don't think it's a showstopper.  I also did something to my shoulder/neck while sleeping on Tuesday night -- figures.  It more of annoying kind of pain, you know, the kind you feel when you have to check your blind spot driving!  Robin suggested seeing Thea the same day, since I was all nice and loose, for a final adjustment.  I called Thea, and she took me (she's so great!).  She gave me a last tweak, cracked my neck (that was a first for me!) and worked on my Glute and shoulder/neck.  I"m good to go!


Oh I never did get my test swim in, but I did get cupcakes delivered to Cass' school for her birthday!

So today is Thursday and I'm in OKC!  The last few days have been crazy at work and getting everything together and done at home, but now I can focus and relax. We picked up supplies  and settled in for the night.  I woke as planned at 3:30 and now I'm sitting here writing my entry wearing my wetsuit!  Seriously, doesn't everyone wear a wetsuit at 4:50 am and compose a blog entry?

So the 2XU wetsuit fits completely different than the Zoot (the Zoot fit is way better!) no gapping in the chest, no weird rub between the legs (the neoprene on the 2XU has a strange feel to it) and just fits altogether better.  I hate to buy a new one, but hands-down, this one fits better. 

So this morning we have our OWS and later our 10 mile bike check and drving the bike course.  Then Friday is bike check-in and other prep and family arrives. 

More to come!

5 comments:

Sabina said...

I know how you feel, I've had a chain of those terrible days this week ^^ But the good thing is - there is always the weekend :D
I'd be glad if you found the time to visit my blog - if you like it (and I hope you will), feel free to comment and follow of course (Who would have thought, huh? :)))
xxx

sharla said...

I'll be checking back for updates-
"someone" gave me great advice a couple weeks ago_ buy what works best for you ! :)
You can always resell it to a newbie down the road

saroy said...

Good luck this weekend Donna!!

Mel said...

How exciting!! I am a new reader but I will definitely be looking back through your posts. A 1/2 Ironman is definitely on my "To Do" list!

I can't wait to hear all about it! Just relax and enjoy this experience you have worked so hard for!

silken said...

good luck!! have fun!!!

Post a Comment