-->

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Thursday 13


13 Blogs I enjoy...

1)  The Athena Diaries:  Tales from the Back of the Pack.  I really enjoy Misty and her frank, realistic attitude about triathlon and running.  And even though I've gleaned a ton of info from her blog about training, products and general attitude, one of my most memorable entries was her rant on Pearl Piddle Izumi's "We are not joggers" Campaign. 

2) Fat Cyclist.  And no, not just cause he was fat, but because of how he leads his life.  I've been following him for a few years and watched him lose his wife, Susan, to Cancer last year, maybe more than a year; time flies.  Anyway, this guy is an amazing fundraiser for Livestrong and his obvious passion for biking AND cause makes him unstoppable.  He's also dabbled in triathlon some this year.  He's been fun to watch/read.

3) The Ballerina Project.  Awesome photos of ballerinas in public venues.

4)  Tri My Will.  He's a gastric bypass post-op turned Ironman and Ultra Runner.  He's swimming from Spain to Africa to fight childhood obesity.

5) Divine Self.  Dr. Annette Colby, an RD, who specializes in the spirituality and finding inner peace that will keep you loving yourself and continually giving yourself the gift of good health. A little tree-huggin' hippy for some, but I often find some very inspiring things to think about.

6) Smitten Kitchen.  Yum.  Good whole food.  Nothing but food.  Not all necessarily restrictive, but if I'm going to have a quality meal, I'm going to search her blog for whole food inspiration. 

7) Iron Makeover.  Sara's blog of encouragement for triathletes.

8) Judith at The Dreaded Diary Pages.  Not sure what exactly it is about her, but I love how she talks about her reality with cycling.  It's not all unicorns and rainbows. 

9) Courtney, Lynn and Courtney and Lynn!  Fellow Tri Divas - though they both need to update more!

10) This self-named "canucklehead" is a triathlete of small stature with big dreams.  He's a little-person who never ceases to inspire me and always finds the best about triathlon and training

11)  Simple Kids.  Yeah, it's Mommy blog.  It has some great ideas!

12)  Lifehacker.  Tips and ideas for getting things done!

13) A couple more faves for the RNY post-op life, meet Michelle and "The World According to Egg Face".  From Affogato to Zucchini, her blog is chock-full of post-op friendly recipe!  And last,  but certainly not least, the snarky, frank, judicator of the "pouchworthy" products, and sometimes in-your-face-honest (sometimes innocently to her detriment), but ALWAYS lovable, Melting Mama.  

It's really, really, super-hard to pick just 13, so if I didn't list your blog here, it's not because I don't ♥ you; 
I may be respecting your relative "virtual" privacy. 


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others’ comments. It’s easy, and fun!

2 comments:

Sara Cox Landolt said...

Thank you so much for including my blog on your list! Wow, what a pick me up. I also love John's updates! :-) Sara

Kara said...

Wow! what a line up! Thanks for including Simple Kids :-)

Post a Comment