-->

Thursday, July 15, 2010

For the Athena Closet: Nike Dedication Sport Top

I've stood on my soap box before, asking the sports apparel manufacturers to hear us.  "Us" being the fluffy, non-junior sized athletes.  We exist; we're not "Bigfoot."  Please, please make performance apparel we can swim, bike and run in!  Really, I mean I don't want to do a full Ironman naked one day!  :)

Depending on the manufacturer I can wear XL's.  Nike actually offers XXL's; the shorts are too big and the tighter fitting tops just don't cut it in the area of the "boobicles", at least for me.  Until I found the Nike Dedication Sport Top!  Can you hear the angels singing?  I can.  :)  The top comes in sizes 1X to 3X.

If you are looking for a looser fitting top, this is not it.  This is form fitting.  It has a flattering fit, believe it or not, but the 1X was a little long on me, but just right in the bust.  If I were juding I would say these run a little small size-wise, but does that surprise anyone who tries to find pluss apparel?

I wear this top for both cycling and running and even though it still requires a racer-back bra underneath (because it offers little support!)  I like that it is form fitting (more like a bike jersey).  For the die-hard cyclist, you might prefer jersey for the pockets on the back, but I keep my feasting necessities in my bento box.  I hate running in a bike jersey; it's just too heavy!

Anyway, this would be a great all-around workout garment... everything from yoga to cardio. I scored mine on the Clearance rack at Academy for just over $14 bucks.  Not sure if it was a mistake, but my gain!  :)

Also, Moving Comfort just released their new fall line today -- like right as I was writing this post I saw the email... I'm going to check-out the offerings and summarize!  But looking quickly I saw running tights in capri length for extended sizes.  Yippy!  :)

1 comments:

silken said...

$14 wow!! good for you!!

Post a Comment