-->

Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Some time...

Some time has passed since I clicked the "Pay Now" button on my Redman registration. Some sanity has returned and everything is as "normal" as my world gets.  Thankfully, still, I do not regret having decided to move forward with Redman.  :)

Really, though, this was my original plan.  I just got rid of the cold feet, and I'm glad for that happening!

22 weeks to go until Race Day.  It's a long time and a lot of heat and humidity to keep up the work.  Once again my family is supporting my crazy effort and in return I'm really going to balance things better.  I already made some stipulations to my schedule which included 4 family weekends with very minimal training -- like a short run or bike would be fine, but nothing long.  I'm certain that 4 wwekends will not make or break my finishing Redman, so I need to prioritize what is important and that's family first.

One of my main focuses for Redman is to improve my running.  I've been so consumed with distance and speed (not like I'm fast).  That MUST change.  I need to be more worried about stamina and endurance. I need to deepen my running and really make my LSD runs, LSD RUNS!  I need to be extra consious of my heart rate and where I am training, because that's how I will be able to stay the course and finish. 

I run intervals.  When I first started running I started at 2:1 -- run 2 minutes, walk 1.  Then went to 3:1, 4:1 and back down to 3:1.  While training for the half last year I got up to 5:1 and in the last several months have done 6:1, 7:1 and 8:1. The other day I decided no walking.  I was going to focus on heart rate, keeping it under 150.  I managed to run 55 minutes straight.  It wasn't pretty and it wasn't fast, but if I can keep it up, in time it will get better. 

I am going to start working with a nutritionist and she'll  help me with my nutrition for Redman along with some daily stuff to help me get through training.  I'm also going to retake my RMR and V02 max tests to ensure I'm training in the right ranges. 

This weekend is the first "family" weekend planned.  We're headed out camping and have some friends coming along too.  I'm hoping the lake will be warm enough to tolerate some water skiing.  I almost got up last year!  ALMOST!!

Tonight I take my second dose of Cabergoline to treat the Hyperprolactinemia.  Here's hoping things start truning around.  :)

2 comments:

La- said...

Enjoy charging towards your next goal! Sounds like you have a great plan to meet your goals and take care of the family!

Keep up the great work!

La-

Best Way To Lose Weight said...

You have a great idea and a great plan.guck look I look forward to this..

Post a Comment