-->

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Love it! Moving Comfort Juno Sports Bra...

...finally a racer-back sports bra for D and DD's that really works.

Thank you, Moving Comfort (again!) for not forgetting about the "fluffy" well-endowed athlete!  LOL

It's no secret I'm a huge fan of Moving Comfort's apparel.  In truth is, it was Misty, over at the Athena Diaries that turned me on to Moving Comfort with their Compression Running Shorts!*  Their technical apparel works AND is comfortable.  I can't say that about many of the leading athletic apparel brands.  Moving Comfort also offers a Women's Plus line, called MCW, although they've scaled back what they offer for the Spring/Summer.  I highly recommend MC to Athena triathletes seeking quality performance apparel.

First, know that Moving Comfort did not solicit this review.  I purchased the bra and just want to share my experience.

This sports bra is a Racer Back.  Until I purchased this one, the only racer backs I could find were strictly compression, which do nothing for keeping the girls up, and leaves you with the less-than-attractive "uniboob".  The Juno is a combination of encapsulation and compression -- just like the Maia, style which I love (not a racer back).  The Juno, like the Maia is also for high impact.

I also appreciate the wide and completely adjustable straps; they are soft and cushy and easily adjusts with velcro that stays completely in place to give you extra lift -- not to mention comfortable. 

I did a 1:45 run and an hour swim wearing it and it was perfect!  In fact, I didn't even think about how it felt while I was wearing it until I wanted to take notice of how it felt. One less thing to think about is great for me.


Most racer backs just go on over your head and sometimes take a little wriggling (is that a word?) to get into with larger cup sizes.  This racer back, has eye/hooks in the back which make easier to get on and off.  The fabric is cool, wicks well and absolutely no chafe.  Not even a touch of redness around the rib cage!  If I had to find one thing wrong, because nothing is perfect, the stupid size tag is annoying against the ski, but easily cut out.  :)

I tried the CW-X racer back as well. CW-X claims it was for D & DD cups, but I can't see how really -- unless you are not Athena or Plus-sized. The two bras are like night and day! I tried swimming in the CW-X and it killed my neck after 40 minutes in open water and a 1 hour bike. Plus it was strictly compression, of which I'm really not a fan, but thought I would try it because on the whole I like CW-X products as well. The truth is, I couldn't wait to get out of the CW-X! Seriously, I was ready to take it off in the car and drive home braless! The Moving Comfort Juno was a completely different experience.


I know it's crazy to sound so excited about a sports bra, but I haven't been this excited since I tried the Maia! If you are looking for a good racer back for high impact, you have to try this one.  And just because I'm a sucker for free shipping http://www.herroom.com/ has it for $52. 

*Moving Comfort folks, if you ever come across this review I hope you consider doing a triathlon short based on your compressions short design -- it would rock!

3 comments:

The Curvy Life said...

YAY! I was looking for this! THANKS! I did find a Nike one.. but it IS a Uni-boob situation just like you mentioned... I will def put this on my list! I was going to buy two the other day but was waiting for your review! LOL

Appreciate it! Off to the web to look at all the Moving Comfort stuff now and make some decisions!
La-

ferrispaella said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
dailone said...

I have two favorites: Yvette front opening sports bra from Amazon ($29.9) and Champion Molded Cup Racer from Target ($18.99) - love, love, love them!

Post a Comment