-->

Friday, April 23, 2010

Race Day Prep for #2081

I am so excited for tomorrow.  I'm pretty certain the rain will have moved out by then, but you never know.  Always expect the worst and you can't be let down.

Yesterday I had a quick swim at Anders to check-out my new Wetsuit.  It is perfect! As perfect as I'm going to get right now.  Whew!  What a relief.

Went to packet pickup last night and that was a little disheartening.  The Ironman franchise essentially bought the race from the Race Director last year, though his group is still involved.  I'm not happy about it.  It's like the Olympic and Sprint distances are after-thoughts now.  It's all about 70.3.  More power to those Half'ers.  I respect them for sure, but everyone has to start somewhere.  The expo was so sad; not one thing there for anyone doing less than the 70.3 distance.  Guess that's good.  I didn't spend any money!

Someone also said, "Don't be surprised if the drop the Sprint and Oly all together next year."  That's said... there are big Spring and Olympic fields for this even.  Waves between 150 - 200 each from what I briefly saw.  Next year I'm doing the half-iron distance, so I'll be there ready to buy me well-deserved 70.3 merchandise.  :)

My training buddy and I walked down by the water to checkout the layout of the Buoys on the swim course.  I felt good that I didn't feel overwhelmed by looking at it.  Ironically enough, the Sprint distance didn't look near as scary as it was last year!!!

Today I have taken it easy.  I had a 20 minute run and then did grocery shopping.  I relaxed a little by doing some cooking for after the race tomorrow and got all my goods together:


There's all my stuff... just have to get dressed and mix up my nutrition in the morning. That, and somehow jam all that in that green bag. :)

In about 45 minutes a group of us who train together are meeting at Cafe Express to have lunch and obsess over race day some more. :)

I only need 2 more things... another pair of goggles and some anti-fog stuff.  Oh, and I have to pickup and umbrella for our table in the backyard. Burgers off the grill and relaxing with friends and family for my post-race meal!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Just in case I don't see you tomorrow -- good luck! Can't wait to read the post-race report. :)

I agree, it would be sad if they drop the sprint & oly. It really makes the event more fun to have the short distances too.

Cyclin' Missy said...

Good luck and have fun! Woo!

silken said...

have a good race! I will probably see you in transition as my race number is 2082!!!!! have fun!!

trifitmom said...

good luck - kick ass

sharla said...

Good luck Donna!

Looks like your bag will be well stocked!

The Curvy Life said...

GOOD LUCK!! YOU WILL DO GREAT! My first race 10K is tomorrow! I will send you good vibes too when I start!!

La-

Post a Comment