-->

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Post Race Depression; Over it with a 70.3!

Okay, so I was feeling a little post race depression.  I had been trying to find a full Olympic triathlon to complete, because my recent Lonestar "DU" experience is not working for me mentally.  LOL  I just felt like I had put so much time into training, not being able to execute was eating me from the inside out.

Hubs knew it was coming too... he knew that I would have to find another event to make-up for this one.   He and Cassie have both been so good with helping me meet my goals.  I don't want to seem selfish going further. That said, after a brief discussion this morning and laying down some conditions for my coaches that will help me balance family and trining more, I've gone and done this...

Yeah, it rhymes with deadman... that makes it even more of a challenge.  This is now the blog of a future 70.3 athlete!  :)



Hmmm, maybe this is the more "aggressive" behavior that side affects packet mentioned.  So now I get the chance to swim 1.2 miles, bike 56 miles and run 13.1.  I'm stupid excited!  Or maybe I'm just stupid. 

4 comments:

JourneyBeyondSurvival said...

Congrats. I think?

Cyclin' Missy said...

A half Ironman is an awesome goal to make us for not being able to attempt the whole olympic last week. You are going to rock this tri!

silken said...

WOW!! way to go! good luck!

sharla said...

Very cool!

Post a Comment