My Thursday 13 -- Prompted by a book I just received and started reading called "The Mind Gym" An Athlete's Guide to Inner Excellenceand to promote from within the fact that I don't suck, am not weak, and have the wherewithall to achieve my goals, here's 13 things I need to keep in my noggin' during training and racing.
1) I am strong.
2) I am effin' fit!
3) I always "Finish" what I start
4) I am committed to my training; I am improving everyday.
5) Keep focus on the current task; be present. Don't let negative thoughts enter your mind.
6) Recall successes and remember how success feels.
7) I trust my training will prepare me for reaching my goals.
8) "Enthusiasm and mental edge are the keys to winning."
9) "Under pressure you can perform 15% better or 15% worse"
10)"When you have fun it changes all the pressure into pleausre"
11)"Learn to view pressure as a challenge to meet rather than a threat of defeat"
12) I cannot be afraid to fail, just as I cannot be afraid to succeed.
13)"You cannot outperform your self image"
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others’ comments. It’s easy, and fun!
I am a 44 years young, full-time working Wife, Mom, sometime student, gastric bypass post-op and unlikely triathlete aspiring to one day becoming an Ironman. Like everyone, I face challenges balancing training and family life, but also have some medical challenges including Hypothyroidism and Hyperprolactinemia, which make for some extra "fun" but are never an excuse. I truly believe we only regret the things we DIDN'T do 20 years ago. So this blog is about me getting busy doing what I don't want to regret not having done! "Go Mommy go!" isn't just what I hear from the sidelines on race day... for me it's my daily life mantra!