-->

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Open Water Swim *eeek*

On Thursday morning I had an open water swim on my schedule 3 laps... slow, medium and fast.  I've been to this lake before; swam there countless times this last Summer.  I have no idea why I was so nervous getting in.  It took me 15 minutes to get up the courage to take the plunge. 

I finally did.   :)

Lap times were so-so, but I was having some problems stretching out my stroke.  I don't think I had my wetsuit up all the way, where it needed to be, on my shoulders.  I was warm and bouyant though, so the wetsuit did it's part!  So bouyant that I barely kicked the first lap!  Each subsequent lap decreased and I'm sure I'll get better over time. 

Something about not being able to see through the water freaks me out a little bit and I have to practice resisting the urge to come up out of the water, other than to sight, so much. 

1 comments:

silken said...

we were supposed to try our first open water swim today, but w/ the rain and chill we missed it. hoping for tomorrow. though I don't have a good wet suit (yet) so am really dreading it. where did you get yours? I talked to them at Webster Bike today. they have some but were all out today due to Gateway to Bay tri….

Post a Comment