-->

Sunday, February 14, 2010

What a Week!

Okay.  I made it through this week.  100+ miles logged between swimming, biking and running.  I'm proud I managed to get it all in, but I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I'm beat.  Wore down.

Yesterday's bike time trial went okay.  I didn't have any expectations going in, so this way I wouldn't be disappointed.

It was only the 2nd time I was out on my new bike... I've been spinning on it, on a trainer, for the last 8 weeks indoors, but had only ever taken it on the road 1 time before.

I had to do a 15 mile time trail, my average speed was 16.7 -- not light speed, but it's someplace to start.

It was 37 degrees when we went out, and I gave it my all.  Can't ask for much more than that.

Later, I had to do a 2 hour long, slow run.  Between the week's training and the TT earlier that morning, I was spent.  Seriously.  It took everything I had to finish my horrible run.  After an hour in, I was thinking, "there is no way I'm going to make 2 hours."  Nothing was wrong, other than tired.  The mental challenge is really proving to be relentess.  I really have to work at overcoming the negative thoughts.  I did make it through my 2 hours... and this this morning for 2 hours of spin.  Thank goodness there was no run on my schedule.  I think I might have cratered.  :)

So, this week ahead is recovery. No extra miles, decreased intensity.  Recovery is important and I will respect it! 

2 comments:

Buttsy said...

Negative thoughts are a b*tch.....I am dealing with them at the moment...but it is all about getting the job done and sometimes 100% is not your best effort but it is 100% of what you can do that day......doesnt make it easier...but if you perceive it you can acheive it...(I just need to follow some of my own advice at the moment.....lol)

la- said...

You go girl! 100+ miles is amazing! You can do it!

La-
www.thecurvylife.com

Post a Comment