-->

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen Positive Thoughts or Actions for my first Half-Marathon!

1)  Count on the fact that I've trained regularly and worked hard.  Trust!
2)  Believe that I will not just "Finish", but that I will reach one of my goals.
3)  My realistic goal of sub 3 hours is definitely doable on a Race Day, but dig-in and gi for my stretch of 2:50!
4)  Trust my race strategy and stick to it. 
5)  I am strong... and not just for a person like me.  I AM STRONG.
6)  Think about crossing the Finish and what it means for me to achieve this
7)  Don't minimize whatever the outcome is... even if it's not the desired outcome the journey was a lesson
8)  Have fun!  Have fun!  Have fun!!
9) There really is no such thing as "I can't." 
10) In reference to number 9 -- "Try not. Do or do not, there is no try."  Worked for Yoda!
11) Remember and appreciate how supportive my friends and family have been.
12) Don't blow it all in the first few miles; keep MY pace.
13)  Have fun!  It deserves to be said a fourth time!

5 comments:

I am Harriet said...

Definitely, have fun! :)


Have a great Thursday!
http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2010/01/can-you-really-feel-sorry-for-celebs.html

Alice Audrey said...

You can do this.

jehara said...

kudos to you!! i don't think i could ever train for a marathon of any sort. don't think i am disciplined enough.

jillconyers said...

Awesome T13! I will never forget my first 1/2 marathon and every race after that :) I still get tears in my eyes every time I cross the finish line.

Good luck and enjoy the accomplishment!

Buttsy said...

One of my favorite sayings is:-

Whether you think you can, or whether you think you cant, you are probably right!

You will enjoy the run it sounds like a huge day......

Post a Comment