-->

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Some Good News!

Finally got my sub 13 (12:54) pace on a long run this morning.  9.02 miles.  The farthest distance I've run in my life. :)

I needed this so bad after last week's disaster at the HHM Relay.  Beautiful weather, nice and cool.

Changed my nutrition this morning too.

1 c. coffee
1 pc. wheat bread
1 egg
.5 oz Cheese

2 Hammergels -- 1 in each 10 oz. bottle MIXED with water.

I felt good and strong the whole time.  Groin was noticeable, but not painful, definitely on the mend. 

3 comments:

Tri Nicki said...

Woo Hoo! Nice run lady! Keep up the good work. You're going to love having a tri coach. I'll probably see you at Lonestar, don't know if I'm doing Olympic or HIM.

Donna said...

So you're on the fence? I figured with the 70.3 under your belt, you'd be up for doing it again -- and Lonestar would be a great venue to do it. Nice flat course... great venue and race coordinators. :)

So gimme the truth... was it "half the distance but twice the fun?" Or not really; just another "check" on the bucket list on the way to a full IM?

Corrie said...

Congrats on the sub 13!!!

Post a Comment