-->

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Thursday Thirteen -- Tri-style. :)


13 things that will remind me that I am, indeed, a triathlete:

1) When I am asked my age, and I automatically blurt out my "race age", even if it does make me year older than I technically am (race age = your age by the 12/31 of the current year)

2) My training time is limited more by my availability and not by how far I can swim/bike or run.

3) Like Mom's who carry Goldfish and Cheerios in their bag, I carry Cliff Bars, Shot Blocks and maybe a single-serve of CytoMax.

4) I have a seemingly endless supply of water bottles, safety pins and tee-shirts.

5) When a co-worker asks me what I am doing this weekend, I reply, "I'm running a 10K" but don't feel like that's REALLY a race.

6) I will probably spend more time seeking out the correct technical gear than I will when I purchase a new car.

7) Everybody knows that when I am even contemplating doing a race, or are just on the fence, that means I'm doing it. Although, nobody ever believes me when I say "never again" (I really do mean that about the 2010 MS150).

8) Bodygilde isn't just for racing; I've used it on non-training days when I've worn dresses/skirts.

9) Wherever I am there's hydration within reach.

10) My Domestic Financial Officer (DFO aka Hubs) suggests we ned a Triathlon budget category in Microsoft Money.

11) You actually eat "good" carbohydrates in moderation and don't feel badly about it.

12) I can locate my heart-rate monitor and swim goggles more quickly than I can find my keys.

13) When I get a weekday off from work, the first thing I think of is "Great! I can make it a long-training day!"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others’ comments. It’s easy, and fun!

Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

View More Thursday Thirteen Participants

5 comments:

Hootin' Anni said...

I carry bottles of water with me all the time too, but I don't 'do triathlete anything' LOL [I lived in the desert of AZ for years, and if you don't go with a bottle of water...you might as well stay home.

My 13 is posted if you'd like to stop by and read 'em...it's a list of 13 plays on words with a bit of humor.

Brenda ND said...

Wow, you're a triathlete? I'm impressed.

Donna said...

Haha Brenda... I should qualify: I am a triathlete in that I participate in triathlons, though I am not competitive! :)

Calico Crazy said...

Participation out weighs competition any day! That was an interesting and informative list.

Calico Contemplations

jillconyers said...

Great T13. I'm a runner with a secret desire to try a tri. Run and bike I can do. Swim? No so much.

Post a Comment