-->

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Another Personal Best!

Today was my long run. 7 miles.

Never in my life have I ran 7 miles and if you asked me a few months ago if I thought I could, I would have said "yes" in an effort to make myself believe something that I couldn't quite completely fathom.

This morning's run was good. I felt good. I was worried that after Thursday's run, when my legs felt super heavy, that I was doomed for today. Plus I didn't know for sure if I was fully recovered from that severe sinus infection. I'm still coughing up goo. :(

One of my friends said 7 miles was a significant mile marker. She said she knew when she reached 7 miles, that she finally started to believe she'd make it through the half. I think there's some truth in that.

I ate well last night, protein, carbs and veggies. Didn't overdo it.

I did not eat breakfast this morning -- not normal for me, but I didn't have enough wait time after taking my levoxyl and I didn't want to eat too close to starting my run. I did make sure I brought some gel with me. I tried CarbBoom Double-espresso. It was pretty good.

I got to the half way point and forgot to take it, so it wasn't until mile 4, or shortly thereafter, but I did feel an improvement. I think I will keep the gel as part of my run routine.

Anyway, I crossed the finish in 1 hour, 35 minutes. I did 6 miles in 1 hour, 22 minutes the week before, so I think I'm holding my own!

3 comments:

Laurie (GastricGirl.com) said...

Wow, you're doing awesome. I tried running on the treadmill at the gym yesterday and was winded very fast. I think I need to try real ground instead of a treadmill so I don't get as discouraged.. and late at night so no one can see me! haha

Buttsy said...

I used to think that I was racing against the little voice in my head when I ran - The voice that says "Can we stop now...I WANT TO STOP NOW!!!"....You beat that voice for a couple of those 7 miles which is great and half the batte. Your attention to your diet is monitoring the Carb/Protein etc is very inspiring. I have heard of Carboom - I just like the name, you expect a huge blast from them...they sound good.

Corrie said...

Congrats, Donna, that is truly awesome.

Post a Comment