-->

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Thursday Thirteen - Good Stuff About Folks I Know!


13 Things I love about some folks I know... because I don't always take the time to tell them or take the time to remember the reasons why they're special to me!

1) Hubs - His unconditional love and patience go unmatched to anyone I've ever known. SHMILY!

2) Mom - Her strength (though too strong for her own good sometimes) and her creativity. I'm glad to know the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

3) Sister - Her determination to change the past and not make it HER future. She sets a goal, is tenacious and sticks to it. I'm so proud of her in so many ways!!

4) Brother - Yeah, I don't speak of him very often. We don't have much of a relationship, but I love how talented he is with his music and art and I admire the fact that he's never given either up (though he could stand to make some better, more responsible decisions).

5) Beth - I love how smart you are and steadfast you are with your opinions. And yeah, I love that we share the same purse fetish. You are my sister from another mister. :)

6) Elysha - I love that you know you are, and know you are the kind of person who you want to be. You never let anything stand in the way of the fun you want to have in life.

7) Courtney - Your persistence knows no end, and under your awesome sarcastic wit is wisdom beyond your years -- and yes, you've managed to teach me a thing or two. :)

8) RJ - I so admire the fact that she leads by example... never asking more of others than she would do herself! She is a true "leader" and I am lucky to be working for her.

9) JJ - She's such a free spirit and is so open to having new experiences. I love how excited and passionate she gets about people, places and events.

10) Kim (yeah, you, in Chillicothe!) - I love knowing you're still out there, still checking on me. I see you breeze by the blog in my logs lurking (I don't know anyone else in Chillicothe on bright.net). I love the way we connected over the Internet so many years ago, and how you were there with me through some pretty tough times. I'm so glad we got the chance to meet on more than one ocassion! Though I do wish we lived closer. If you catch this post, email me your email address! It's been too long; we need to catch up!

11) AM - I love the that throughout the years, no matter how challenging life became, that you navigated through all of it and were never afraid to let yourself feel every emotion, even if it slowed you down in your journey to get to the place you are right now. I'm so happy to know you've found unconditional love from your husband and have fulfilled your dream of having/adopting a child.

12) Gram - I always loved how you just listened. You just listened and accepted me for me. I love you and miss you! I so wish you were here to meet Cassie.

13) Shannon - I love smart and resourceful you are! I appreciate the effort you make to ensure everyone has a good time. You are thoughtful and the love for your friends and family is evident in all that you do for them.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others’ comments. It’s easy, and fun!

Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

View More Thursday Thirteen Participants

6 comments:

Hootin' Anni said...

That's a very well written, personal, and loving list of 13!!

Thanks for the visit. Come back soon.

Courtney said...

Aww...I love this entry! Thanks for posting it and including me. :) You simply rock. *hugs*

Alice Audrey said...

It's always good to stop and take stock.

Calico Crazy said...

This is a lovely and thoughtful list. It's always a good idea to stop and remember the people that matter the most to you.

Calico Contemplations
Discovery 4 Life

Mariposa said...

I LOVE this! Let me add...and YOU for making this list a very nice tribute to people you care and who cares for you!

Americanising Desi said...

awwww this is lovely!!

i like how some of us take time out to be grateful and appreciate others :)

Post a Comment