-->

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

On the Search: Potential Fab Food Find

I was getting caught up on my Jillian Michaels podcasts and one of the listeners emailed a question about how to fuel for a marathon in a more natural, organic way.

I thought this was a good question, because even though the gels and bars seem to be effective for most, I don't really feel much different when I use them. I do better with real food -- my race breakfast is always an Ezekiel English Muffin with an egg and lowfat cheese (I didn't have an egg for Danskin.... oh well -- shoot! Maybe if I did, my run would have been better! LOL )

Anyway...

It's no secret Jillian hates the electrolyte drinks and bars, so her first suggestion was oranges... we used them as kids for sports and they were fine then, and are just as fine now. Portability is probably an issue still while doing a marathon, but you get what she's saying.

But this was really interesting... as for a drink replacement shen suggested her new favorite


The product is all natural, 100% coconut water. 's only 60 calories, fat free and loaded with potassium!
Anyway, I'm off today to visit my local Whole Foods to find this product. I'll be back later with more info on it. :)

Checked out the other nutritional values on the other flavors: Not. Pouch. Friendly. Too much sugar in the other varieties. Sad, because the Acai flavor has the Omegas in it; a nice little health benefit.

1 comments:

Lori said...

For race days, I love either oat bran with protein powder, or the 1-minute muffin recipe

(1 egg, 1/4 cup flax meal, 1 tsp brown sugar, 1 tablespoon pumpkin, cinnamon, 1/4 tsp of baking powder) mix and microwave in a silicone muffin cup for about a minute.

Sticks with me without making me full.

Post a Comment