-->

Monday, June 29, 2009

California Roll Salad!

Lass posted this recipe on her blog and I just had to try it! I substituted brown rice for the white and couldn't find the pickled ginger so I added a couple dashes of ground ginger to the dressing. So refreshing, yum!

California Roll Salad
Serves:4

* 1 (8 7/8 ounce) package white rice (I used Uncle Ben's Brown Rice - the kind you microwave)
* 3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
* 1 head lettuce (I mixed iceberg and romaine)
* 1 cucumber (I made small little chunks... I like my cucumbers chunky, not sliced)
* 1 avocado (don't fear the good fat!
* 1 lb imitation crabmeat (Could only find a 12 oz. package)
* 3 tablespoons soy sauce (I used Low Sodium)
* 2 tablespoons pickled ginger

Directions
Prepare rice according to directions.

Pour rice into medium bowl and toss with 1 tbsp vinegar. Set aside.

Thinly slice cucumber and avacado.

Break up crabmeat into chunks.

Mix lettuce leaves with seasoned rice, cucumber, avocado slices and crabmeat.

In separate cup, mix together soy sauce and remaining 2 TBL of seasoned rice vinegar.

Drizzle this dressing over salad, and add pickled ginger on top of salad.

1 comments:

Lass said...

At the store, I stared at the brown rice trying to decide if I should switch it up. The last time I tried to make brown rice, it was a disaster; but I'm willing to try it with the microwave kind!

Post a Comment