Lass posted this recipe on her blog and I just had to try it! I substituted brown rice for the white and couldn't find the pickled ginger so I added a couple dashes of ground ginger to the dressing. So refreshing, yum!
California Roll Salad
* 1 (8 7/8 ounce) package white rice (I used Uncle Ben's Brown Rice - the kind you microwave)
* 3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
* 1 head lettuce (I mixed iceberg and romaine)
* 1 cucumber (I made small little chunks... I like my cucumbers chunky, not sliced)
* 1 avocado (don't fear the good fat!
* 1 lb imitation crabmeat (Could only find a 12 oz. package)
* 3 tablespoons soy sauce (I used Low Sodium)
* 2 tablespoons pickled ginger
Prepare rice according to directions.
Pour rice into medium bowl and toss with 1 tbsp vinegar. Set aside.
Thinly slice cucumber and avacado.
Break up crabmeat into chunks.
Mix lettuce leaves with seasoned rice, cucumber, avocado slices and crabmeat.
In separate cup, mix together soy sauce and remaining 2 TBL of seasoned rice vinegar.
Drizzle this dressing over salad, and add pickled ginger on top of salad.
1 hour ago