-->

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Kick it in to gear already! My freakin' Thyroid!!!

After another reduction in my meds to .88 of Levoxyl, the last 3 days have been filled with repeat palpitations. They're not as strong as they were pre-medication, but they are coming again. The strange thing is that it seems they last longer... as long as 10 minutes in some cases.

So I called the doctor and the nurse called me back. Evidently I am now HYPERthyroid, instead of HypOthyroid. She said some palpitations would be expected while my body gets used to the reduced medication.

What a balancing act this is!

I did get my first accupuncture treatment yesterday. It will take several before it makes a difference. I'm thinking I need to hold off on another until I know what's going on.

2 comments:

Groover said...

Hi Donna, I just found your blog through Buttsy. I'm a big believer in accupuncture. It helped my partner with hay fever and me with Glandular Fever. Hope, it works for you, too.

Oh, I like your words about regret in your profile. :-)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment