-->

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Wednesday Brick and Random Stuff

Trained with a Brick yesterday, 12 mile bike-to-2 mile run.

Ride was good... decent average speed. Run was just okay... I'll get better though, I know. I'm already tons better with running outside, but have a way to go to even be decent. I'm just happy I am running more than walking. Still loving my running shoes too... no pain in my hip at all.

I'm contemplating seeing someone for acupuncture to help address my thyroid. I've read about it in several places and if this Western medicine practice works, it would be nice not to have to take the Levoxyl. My husband's Chiropractor is certified in it, so it might be worth looking into.

Things at work pretty much stink right now. I have to put my employee on a performance improvement plan today for a period of 60 days. I know she's going to be all passive-aggressive and resentful, but it's gotta be done. She's made some huge errors that have been costly. Everyone makes mistakes, but clearly there is no attention to detail going on. I hate being the mean manager. I think what she'll hate most is that for the probationary period she'll have to work 8am to 5pm and give up her 10am to 6pm... we'll all probably hate it for her.

Today I will run a 5k. Mapped out 3 and 5 mile routes through my neighborhood, which are turning out to be kind of nice. :)

Might be adding another tri to my schedule if Darren decides to do it. :) I think he's kind of curious about the tri stuff, and is contemplating training for one in August. He even started trying to run on the treadmill yesterday. :) We could cross the finish holding hands... awwww.

That's it for now... must work.

2 comments:

331 Miles said...

Lots o' good stuff in your post today! I'm not a touchy-feely Eastern medicine type guy, but I've had acupuncture to treat Shingles. After massage, it was the most relaxing thing that I've ever had done to me. And it helped the shingles too!

Regarding your employee -- you're doing the right thing, but my guess is nothing will change. :(

Corrie said...

I'm doing acupuncture treatments right now! Well, not *right* this second, but you know what I mean. I love it. It makes me less stabby when I'm stressed, and less gassy in general. So, yay. My acupuncturist is actually my nutritionist as well. Let me know if you want her info.

Post a Comment