-->

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

"Why I Tri" Contest Entry

So I don't normally solicit kudos, but more than a few people have shared with me that they feel what I do is pretty cool... some have even called me an "inspiration." I can honestly say that I appreciate their comments, but I have to work hard to accept them graciously. Often I don't feel like much of an inspiration, but through keeping this blog I have learned, that at the least, what people see me do helps them believe that they can do something... anything.. too. And that is more than I could ask. :)

So, with that said, I entered a contetst at PowerTri, called "Why I Tri" I wrote in a little paragraph about why I do it and I am supposed to get people to write-in and vote for me. On of my faves, Kim, was kind enough to write in, so I thought I would share it. I want to keep it so that when I'm not feeling so good about me, my effort or my progress, I have something to remind me.

I'd really like to submit my vote for Donna T. in Houston to be the winner of your Why I Tri contest. Donna has an amazing story - she was morbidly obese just three short years ago, and has fought her way through weight loss surgery and the recovery. She is one of the most inspirational of my weight loss surgery mentors because she not only has lost weight, but she continues to push herself athletically more and more everyday. She started with the MS150 which is just amazing in my mind... but she has now fallen in love with triathlons as well! It's not simply good enough for Donna to complete the race - she pushes herself each time to get better and faster... which for those of us with a lot of weight left to loose see as a motivation... we all want to be able to do the things that Donna can do now... and for that alone - I think that she is a GREAT story!

Thanks Kim... you made me smile!

2 comments:

Kim H. said...

Aww... I'm glad that you liked it enough to keep it. :-) HUGS!

Buttsy said...

Hi...just found your blog and have added you to my blog reads...on a quick scan you certainly give a lot of yourself...and that is what can make you inspirational.......your journey through weight loss and into sport and fitness is fantastic and seriously so many people just dont know what they are missing out on!

Post a Comment