-->

Friday, April 17, 2009

More on MS150 Weather for 2009

So here's the map for the MS150 course... People don't realize that rest stops are pretty close together... so if you can ride 12 miles straight, you get a rest. My goal this year is to stop every other rest stop.



All the news here in Houston is about the weather. There's no avoiding getting wet while riding on Saturday, but the conclusion there is get to La Grange (the overnight spot) as quickly and SAFELY as we can to avoid the rain.

I am not so much worried about getting wet... I'm nowhere sweet enough that I'd melt, but I am worried about safety. I took a downhill last year at 39 mph on a dry road... makes me a little nervous doing that on the wet road with lots of beginner riders! *cringe* I'll trust that I will be be safe and taken care of.








I guess part of the prize finish in Austin will be the nice weather, along with that feeling of accomplishment. :) I'll be posting mobile uploads to my Facebook Page throughout the ride, wet as it may be.... and, of course, Twittering with my tweeps. :) I'm really not sure I get all the buzz about Twitter, but I'm trying it out. LOL

Lots to do today to prep and pack, so I'm off!

5 comments:

Kim H. said...

Good luck! Be careful! Enjoy yourself!! (Wow... when did I become your mother? HA!)

I can't wait to see all the updates on Facebook... since I can't seem to bring myself to get into twitter.

331 Miles said...

Good luck to you! Two things to watch out for in the rain -- road kill and riders overlapping wheels. They both have the potential to ruin your whole day.

Amy@ MomsToolbox said...

Oh yikes! I'm just trying to figure out how to keep it from raining inside my sunglasses. (It did that on a ride this spring!!)
And hoping to avoid lightening. Rain I can do.
Hope to hear from you safely.. I'll be tweeting, as well. :)

Michael's White Lightning said...

GOOD LUCK THIS WEEKEND!!!!!

GastricGirl said...

At least you won't have to worry about overheating with the sprinkles! Have a safe and fun ride, and keep your eyes on the prize! I hope I'll be joining you next year! :)

Post a Comment