-->

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Week-O-Fun

So my trip to NJ was excellent. We surprised Mom and brought her to tears. :) Had a great time, albeit not enough, with family. We celebrated both Mom and my niece's birthday.

Saw my Dad too, and he is looking better all the time. Those that follow my blog might recall that about 2 1/2 years ago we almost lost him -- he went to the hospital with Pneumonia, had 2 heart attacks while he was there, and then became septic. He's like a super-hero; in fact they call him something like the "Miracle Marine" at the hospital He's not giving up -- he's unstoppable. He just had a heart bypass several weeks ago and is recovering nicely --he just looks healthy... and that's good.

I got some outside running/wogging in while I was in Jersey. Had no choice really, as it was all I could do. No 24 in the area. :(

Anyway, made it back to Houston yesterday. Plan on Spinning and Swimming tonight... probably bike and run on Wednesday. I'll be off on Thursday and Friday in preparation for the Tri (Saturday), followed by the Space Race (60 miles) on Sunday.

We're just 18 days from the start of the Ms150! I'm just $30 away from my $1000 goal. I don't know who you all are, but thanks!!! It's kinda wild having people I don't know help me out here. :)

If you haven't noticed, I'm all a twitter now. I'm not sure, but I think I'm missing the big tweet about this twittering. I figured I see what it was all about. It links with Daily Mile, which I'm using to log my multi sport training/workouts (which I <3 by the way!) I do like that I get Twitted by Lance, himself. I've already added and removed John Mayer from my "following" list-- he's twits entirely too much!

"Libby" is still in the shop. :( Not sure on the ETA, but we're surviving with 1 vehicle for now. Hopefully next week sometime... I don't know.

Gotta get back to work... more later.

1 comments:

GastricGirl said...

So glad you had a great trip and that your mom was surprised! :-)
That's great that your dad is looking wonderful as well!

Maybe that super-hero-ness runs in the family.. I don't know how you do all that you do!! Cheers!!

Post a Comment