-->

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sunday Riding

Today was another gamble with Mother Nature, but I took a roll and met Leslie up at Memorial Park for some riding.

Conditions were yucky and misting. I soooo didn't want to ride and soooo proud of Leslie for showing up! I made the 30 minute drive to the park, so I wasn't going to turn around and go home without doing something.

The nice thing about the loop is it's 1.3 miles around and no stop lights, so it's non-stop spinning It has it's pro's and con's though; nonstop spinning, but a never changing environment.

So, here is what I got in before my twinkle toes felt like they were going to freeze and break off:

15. Miles
Average 14.8 mph
Ride Time 1:02
Average HR: 150
Max HR 172
Calories 1,177

I wish I had done a little more distance... when I do less than 30 miles I feel like I'm cheating myself out. I remarked this very thing to my Husband and he reminded me of the first time we did 10 miles around White Rock Lake on mountain bikes and thought that was a major achievement for us -- and indeed it was, for the time.

The real fun began on the way home though. My feet were si wet and cold, so I go turn the heat on in my Libby (the nickname for my Jeep Liberty) and no thawing occurs. I glanced down at the temp gauge for no reason at all, really, and I see it's nailed to the big red "H". Not. Good.

Had Libby towed to the dealer and that's NEVER good. :(

Oh! Amgen's Tour of California stage 1 is today. Lance is #9 after the prologue and my boy George was at 5 or 6. It's being broadcast on VS starting at 5pm.

1 comments:

Janine said...

I hate it when cars break down. Hope it is not too major and that you manage to catch it before anything to serious occured.

Post a Comment