-->

Friday, January 23, 2009

Thyroid and Findings

2 separate things are happening with me:

1) Anatomy - I have nodule(s). Definiteyl 1, possibly more. Going for Ultrasound to see how many there actually are. Doc was surprised that no one detected them sooner. He felt them with a simple examination of my neck, while he had me drinking water.

2) Function - We agree; most likely I am Hypothyroid.

In spite of a "normal" TSH, I could still have an underactive thyroid. This guy ran a timed TRH test, as well as took blood:

Anti Microsomal AB
Anti Thyroglobulin AB
Cortisol
Free T3
Free T4
Prolactic X5
T3 Update
T4 Total
TSH X5

Even though the stats are in my favor, only 5% of Thyroid Nodules are Cancerous, it still freaked me out -- one step at time. One step at a time. I'm just glad I'm not crazy. First the Ultrasound, then the biopsy.

That's it for now; don't feel much like talking about it.

2 comments:

Kim H. said...

I'm praying for you - it sounds like he knows what he's looking for though... so that is at least a step in the right direction. Keep your chin up... although I totally get what it means to be scared even though you're taking it one step at a time.

Melting Mama said...

I don't understand thyroids... but you're getting what you need. Hang on woman.

Post a Comment