-->

Sunday, January 04, 2009

-this space for rent-

It's Sunday and I still have a ton to do. the last thing I should be doing is sitting here blogging. :)
  • Last of the Xmas Stuff away
  • Sam's Club
  • Laundry, laundry and more laundry
  • Make my Turkey Meatloaf
  • Plan party menu (hosting a Silpada and PartyLite Party on behalf of my hairdresser next weekend) I'll be visiting Eggy's site for some ideas. :)
Yesterday I hit the gym for a killer Spin class and some upper body. My legs are sooooo sore! See, kids, this is what happens when you're away from the gym for a few weeks... you hurt all oaver again. Let this be a lesson to you!

Gotta give kudos to Hubs... 6 days of workouts in a row! It might be 7 now, actually.

Today in spite of the overcast and wet roads I went out on my bike... only did about 13 miles, but made the most of it and did some sprinting drills and kept my cadence 85, but no less than 80. My goal this year is to ride a better cadence.

So now about the bloodwork...

Did you know your body stores several years worth of a B12 supply? I wasn't short last year... but this year I am.

If I'm being totally honest with myself, I don't know why I didn't see the B-12 deficiency sooner; I mean I had signs including eyesight issues (just had to get a new, surprisingly stronger, perscription) and short-term memory issues. On New Year's Day I had some tingling in one of my toes... I thought it was just from having stepped on it wrong.

I take 500 mcg of sublingual b12 (Twinlabs) once a day. I go back to the Dr. W for follow-up, but until I'll just start taking two a day.

I don't take the B12 shortage lightly, but I know I can get it resolved one way or another. I am going to try the Bariatric Advantage Sublingual B12's/1000 mcg. My surgeon's protocol was for Flintstone's Complete -- I've been taking them pretty regularly, but maybe I need to grow-up and stop sharing vitamins with the Cassinator. :)

Evidently this deficiency can impact mood... and moody I have been. It still doesn't answer why I'm freaking cold all the time and why the rivers "flo" like they've just broken past a damn. I guess I'm headed to the OBGYN about all that mess.

We shall see....

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Interesting about the B12...didn't know that!

I hope all goes well at the girly doctor. :x

Kim H. said...

HOLD UP! Seriously - B12 causes eyesight issues? I've been noticing blurry vision for the last few weeks, but when I saw Dr. W my level was fine. CRUD! I'm supposed to see him on Wednesday - I'm absolutely asking about it. I would really like to just go on B12 shots, but he didn't seem to like that idea much a month ago.

Post a Comment