-->

Monday, January 26, 2009

Here We are Again...

Another Monday. :)

Soooooo, after getting over the shock that the possibility of that I could have cancerous Thyroid nodules, I collected myself and got my head right. You would think with all the cancer awareness stuff I do, all the people I know who support or survive it, all the biking, walking and (yes) singing for the cure I've done, Icould have maintained composure. I mean it's only a 5% to 7% chance.

That said, it is what it is. And no matter what it is, it will be dealt with swiftly. Thanks to everyone for the thoughts and prayers... If you really want to know what you can do, just be upbeat and positive -- I'm far from doom and gloom at the moment.

Soooo, today I go for imaging. That's the first step.

In other news the Frost 50 was yesterday, and it was just about that, 50 degrees -- maybe a hair warmer. I was chilly, but I felt I had appropriate gear I was neither too hot or unbearably cold, so that was good. There was a tiny bit of wind, but nothing so terrible.

My goals were to focus on keeping my cadence above 80 for duration of the ride AND minimize my "rest" time. Both were accomplished. :) Averaged 14.1 miles... not bad for the first long distance ride of the year.


This was funny though -- I actually had people drafting off me! Not that I minded terribly, but pay a sistah back for draggin' you butt for 30 minutes, yo. :(

Selfishness obviously brings out the "ganstah" in me. But these were some of the girls we were riding for. There's 70 of them. Each of them made 4 loaves of banana bread, which they served at the rest stop. Nice kids... cheering everyone on and being supportive.


Here's some fun and games with the Cassinator at the park:





Eating "Mexico Food" on a wild and loco Saturday night. :)

1 comments:

Kim H. said...

Hysterical - the gangsta in you makes me laugh. :-) I'm so glad to see that the ride went well... and as always the pics of Cassie are adorable.

I'm praying for you as well...

Post a Comment