-->

Friday, January 09, 2009

99 Days Until the MS150

99 days to get riding longer distances.
99 days to convince my body to cooperated so I am lugging less lard up and down the hills of Austin.
99 days to beg you for an e-pledge... seriously, I am begging.
99 days to raise $400 -- Just $5... even $1 gets me closer to my requiremed fundraising goal

Last year was my first MS150. Just being a part of the MS150 as a rider really opened my eyes to how many folks both suffer and survive with this disease day-to-day. My involvement not only connected me to folks who are doing amazing things while surviving with MS, but I also learned that 3 people I personally know (including a family member!) live with MS -- I might not have ever known otherwise. I just cannot sit back and not do something to help. MS is a progressive neurological disorder and affects people in many different ways. It could be paralysis one day, loss of vision the next or impaired memory the day after that. Living with MS means living with uncertainty. Another American is diagnosed every hour of every day. Many people are joining the movement toward a world free of MS. Ordinary people banning together to do extraordinary things can bring the MS Society the resources to help bring us closer to a cure.

Please visit my e-pledge page.

1 comments:

Amy@ MomsToolbox said...

Last year was my first MS 150, too.. and I'll be out there kicking off season 2 tomorrow morning at the Frost 50 with ya. :) Your blog is remarkable... you amaze me and I've only skimmed for about 10 minutes! Your dedication to exercise is incredible and inspiring. (I need something to kick me into training mode again!!) I came across you when doing a google search for the 2009 training rides a few months back. I finally checked it out tonight. Glad I did. Let's stay warm tomorrow. :)(The wind can't be as bad as least year's MS ride.. right??)

Post a Comment