-->

Monday, October 20, 2008

[this space for rent]

Sorry... no creative juices for a witty title. :(

This coming weekend is the LiveSTRONG 5K and ride. Honestly I didn't train well. Effin' running, I just can't get motivated to do it, so I will be "wogging", but my goal will be to average less than a < class="blsp-spelling-error" id="SPELLING_ERROR_4">fro the 65 mile, also because I didn't train enough for it (thank you Ike... and everything else in life). I just couldn't make riding a priority over everything else and I'm okay with that. There will be other times I can be more focused. Also, J, my riding partner from the MS150 is doing the ride with me, and she has trained even less than me! The Austin hills will be challenging, but it should be a great time!

I didn't hit my fundraising stupidly aggressive goal of $3k -- that was what you had to raise to have dinner with Lance. Oh well... :( Still almost $600 is pretty good since so many forked it out for me with the Ms150. I love taking part in these events for the challenge, the inspiration and helping to raise awareness, but I hate the fundraising part. Don't get me wrong, it's all good... it's just I can only solicit my friends so much before they start pretending they don't know me!

Incidentally, if you're sad because you haven't donated (I know you're cryin'... I can hear you :-P ), why not be the first to donate to me 2009 MS150 effort? I'll wait... go on. Take a look-see. LOL

Exercise Plan:
Monday: Cardio
Tuesday: Training Session Lift/Cardio
Wednesday: Cardio
Thursday: Training Session Lift/Cardio
Friday: Off
Saturday: LiveSTRONG 5K
Sunday: LiveSTRONG Ride 65 Miles

This past weekend we took Cassie to Dewberry Farm for some fun. I'll be sure to post some pictures. No, none of the pictures are nearly as good as my attempt to be cool at a pre-schoolers birthday, but Cass had a great time in the Pumpkin Patch, mining, rubber duck races and playing on everything. It's a pretty cool place those farmers have setup... and their wallets can be hurting much considering how many folks were there! I was a little bummed I didn't get to shoot the corn or pumpkin cannons, but we bought season passes, so we'll be going back before the end of November.

Last night we carved the pumpkins too. I'll be sure to get some pictures. They came out spooooooooky.

We're having a costume contest at work. My plan is to be a You Tube video of Tina Fey doing Sarah Palin's greatest hits. I'm stoked that I won the auction for my fist-sized Flag and Polar Bear pins! Just need to find the glasses. LOL Now I just need to get the accent down.

Saw a review of these on SparkPeople. I checked my local supermarket, but nada. Any nettin'friends try these?

That's it for now.

One more thing... I think early voting starts today in Houston. I really don't care who you vote for, that's your choice, but please, please, please get out and vote!

1 comments:

Farmer Dewberry said...

Sounds like you had a good time at the Farm, everything considered. It certainly was crowded and I assume that's why you did not get to shoot the cannons. We ran out of pumpkins for the blaster cannon which put more pressure on the corn cannon. Ordered more blaster pumpkins today and will have second corn cannon going this weekend. November crowds are always much smaller than October so you should not have any problem getting to blast away at targets. Thanks for coming to the Farm and hope to see you here in November.
Farmer Dewberry
Larry Emerson

Post a Comment