-->

Monday, September 08, 2008

Taking a Rest

For the last few days I have been taking a rest. It seems that I may have been over-training. I'd never accuse myself of that before, but the facts are the facts. I've been realllllllly tired and have not been sleeping well at night. Add to that I injured my right tricep Brachii.


After thinking about it, I think I can pinpoint the weekend it started -- when I took the spin and lift class back-to-back, and then lifted the next day. My lifting sessions have been of hefty volume and I've just be constantly sore. I had not be able to fall asleep at night and have been waking up repeatedly. One morning, a Saturday, I woke at 3:30 am and could not go back to sleep!


I admit, on the weekends, I am not nearly as militant about eating every 3 to 4 hours. I'm usually running around getting things done and grab food when I can. So, since last Wednesday I've been resting, going to bed early and I think I'm getting back on track. I was able to sleep through the last 3 nights pretty soundly. Thank goodness, because I can be a cranky-pantz when I am tired.


I'll return to my workouts this week, but only light to moderate. My arm is feeling better, so hopefully that's no big deal. I've got two months to get miles in for the LiveSTRONG ride the end of October, and I'd really like to do the 90 mile route. After the MS150, I know I can do the mileage, I just don't want to take all day to do it! I think getting on my bike a little more, and during the week, will be helpful.


On Saturday we recovered my dining room chairs... I know, fun! They have off-white cushions and we just had them cleaned, so they needed to be covered ASAP. Later that afternoon we headed to Galveston. We went to Mario's for dinner and took a walk on the beach. It was one of the few weekends, weather-wise, that I enjoyed living in Houston. :)






Originally Cass wanted a Barbie Mariposa party. I had made some really pretty invites, but couldn't find Mariposa party stuff! If I was doing it at home I probably could have been more creative with decorating, but we're doing it where Cassie takes gymnastics, so we're limited. It was a bummer for her, but now Punkin's birthday party is Mickey/Minnie themed. I did the invitations... they came out cute!



What else is going on? Let's see.

I am going to volunteer to register voters this weekend. I've never done that before, so it will be a first.

I'm finally going to get my hair done... can't tell from the picutres, but now my gray roots look like highlights... and not the flattering kind

Mom and my nieces are coming to visit (for the birthday) -- they'll be here in 10 days.

I need to paint Cassie's Room... just got her some new bedding... I have a ton of great ideas, but not nearly the time I need for execution! The bedding is pink and brown with little sequin, rhinestone and tulle accents. I was going to go Disney, but all the bedding I found was not anything comfy that I would want to sleep in... it all felt as if you washed it once it would fall apart. I think she'll like this when I'm done...

I want to do her walls brown, halfway up and the pink on top. but instead of a chair rail I might make it wavy and trim the wave with something sparkly. Darren and I are going to cut her a daisy shaped headboard from plywood, and I'll repeat the daisies on the wall as a border I think. Like I said, lots of ideas, but no time to execute! It's hard too when your preschooler wants to help you with EVERYTHING! :)

That's it for now... ought to get to work!



1 comments:

Kim H. said...

I hope you feel better soon!! I absolutely LOVE the bedding for Cassie - very cute!

Post a Comment