-->

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Emerald Cocoa Roast Nuts *WOW*

OMG... we picked these up this weekend at Sam's Club. I'm so glad we did!

I like nuts, but in spite of their nutritional value, they haven't always been my snack of choice,

Why, you ask?

Because even though they're full of good fat, I felt guilty eating them because they have more fat than I normally allow. I really am trying to change my ways and have been much better about it. Pat on the back for me!

I recently read an article that listed Almonds as being one of the top 10 foods to reach for if you need a snack before meal-time.

These Almonds are incredibly fresh and have a great crunchiness to them. The cocoa coating is light yet chocolaty, and have just the right amount of sweetness so as not to have that dark chocolate bite. While they taste indulgent, if you are expecting the chocolaty-goodness of real chocolate covered nuts or big ol' dark chocolate almond M&M's then you might want to leave this product on the store shelves for us smart snackers. :)

But... if you're one of us, and appreciate 12 grams of great fats, no trans-fats, only 1 gram of sat fat, 3 grams of fiber and 6 grams of high quality protein per serving, then this is a winner!



I think the worst ingredient is the modified food starch, which I suppose it helps keep them from being sticky, because they're not, in the least; as the website says, "sticky is bad." :) Sucralose and "AceK" (acesulfame-potassium) are the artificial sweeteners used; these are probably most difficult to pronounce on the entire label.

We purchased the super value large-sized container at Sam's club for 9.99 -- According to the website, they've partnered up with Amazon, but the Cocoa Roast doesn't appear to be available yet.

Perhaps I will move forward in true MM give-a-way style and offer a giveaway. :) Leave me a note and I'll enter you in the drawing. :)

3 comments:

Through Thick and Thin said...

woohoooo i'd love some nuts!!!

Kim H. said...

That sounds like a great option for me to give me a little of that chocolate I crave without the sugar that usually comes along with it. MMMMM... wonder if they're planning on making pecans like this?! YUMMY!

Jodi said...

I love anything dark chocolate, maybe I will give them a try

Post a Comment