-->

Sunday, July 27, 2008

It Hurts to Watch

So last week, while I was away, I went to see "Mama Mia" with a my BFF Beth. I knew I'd never get Darren to a movie (we just never have time) let alone to a musical of any sort.

So when it it opens and I see Meryl Streep singing, it's kinda weird, since I just used to seeing her act. In short order I got used to seeing/hearing her sing, and she's not awful. The movie was pretty funny, entertaining and definitely worth the movie ticket fee on the entertainment scale. I had never seen the Broadway show, so I had no idea what to expect.

The one thing that freaked my freak though was Pierce Brosnan singing. He was't horrible, but as a viewer I was as uncomfortable watching him sing as I was watching Richard Gere tap dance in Chicago! Maybe it was just the contrast between of his 007 character and the Mama Mia hearthrob, nonetheless uncomfortable to watch.

The music was great a great "throwback" for me. I had no idea ABBA was responsible for Shake your Groove thing!

2 comments:

justjil said...

Just wanted to throw a 'Howdy Ho there Neighbor' your way...I have reade your blog a number of times as you are on a number of blog rolls of people I read regularly. The direction you are heading with your life is so inspirational. I really admire you. I have not made it to any of the support group meetings yet but hopefully at some point I will. It was good to hear from you and I appreciate the blog comment. Hope all continues to move forward for you...Jil

GastricGirl said...

Hi, hopefully one of these days I'll run into you at one of the support group meetings. I made it a few months ago.. the one before the MS150. Looking forward to reading your site some more.. Do you mind if I add you to my blogroll?

Post a Comment