-->

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Hump Day

Everything seems to be moving right along... everything, that is, except the scale. It's just doing wacky things; like overnight gaining 8 lbs. for no readily apparent reason? Of course I know its not real poundage, but nonetheless it is still a mind game that I hate.

I've not been good with remembering my snacks, nor my cardio. I've been getting to the gym for my training sessions but the tight schedules, work demands and kiddo's swim classes have made everything a challenge. I'm not making excuses for the choices I'm making, because I know I am accountable. Technically I could be going to the gym later in the evening, but I just don't have it in me.

That said, tomorrow is the last swim class for Cass so I can make the time to focus on the following for the month of July:
  • Finally hit that -100 mark
  • Get under 200 lbs. (it's been quite long enough, thank you, and my efforts deserve it!)
  • Return to Cardio at Lunchtime (it's a drag, but yields results)
  • 96 oz. water a day MINIMUM
  • Eat every 2 to 3 hours
My issues with egg whites still exist, but today, instead of using the egg whites that come in the box (like egg beaters) I used 1 whole fresh egg and two fresh egg whites. It seemed to sit better in my stomach; at the least I didn't puke or feel like I was going to be sick.

I experimented with an idea inspired by a food that Trader Joe's offers - Chicken Burgers. I saw it on Shelley's website and since there was no TJ's here in Texas I figured I would try and improvise. I made large quantity so I would have leftovers and it reheats extremely well! Will post the recipe shortly.

Today's plan...

1,073 Calories Total
  • 57.4% Protein - 155 g
  • 25.9 Carbs - 70 g
  • 16.7 Fat - 20 g

5:15 am
WestSoy Soy Slender Soymilk Chocolate, 1 cup, 1 serving

7:30 am
1 egg & 2 egg whites
Old Fashioned Quaker Oatmeal- Plain, 0.5 serving
FF half/half for coffee

10:00 am
Blueberries, 10 pcs
Nutrition Pro V60 Protein by Labrada, 1 serving

12:30 pm
Romaine Lettuce (salad), 0.5 cup, shredded
Red Ripe Tomatoes, 3 pcs
Oroweat 100% Whole Wheat Bread, 1 serving
Boar's Head Ovengold Turkey Breast, 3 oz

2:30 pm
Blueberries, 10 pcs
Nutrition Pro V60 Protein by Labrada, 1 serving

5:00 pm
Broccoli, fresh, 1 cup, chopped
Chicken Breast, no skin, 4 ounces

7:00 pm
Strawberries, fresh, 6 pcs
Starkist Chunk Light Tuna In Water (Pouch), 2.8 oz

2 comments:

Kim H. said...

My sister uses that trick with eggs, and it actually works. Just that little bit of yolk makes it a lot less offensive to those of us that are sensitive to eggs post surgery. :-)

Simply Theresa! said...

I'm cheering for you as you reach those goals!

Smooches...

Post a Comment