-->

Monday, June 16, 2008

Plastics...

And I'm not talking about the "enhancing" kind.

Hubs got my XM Radio working again in my car (thanks!) it makes my work commute so much more bearable. I love listening Dr. Oz in the morning, but man! I think being armed with too much information is just as bad.

This morning he had a couple toxicologists on. They were discussing, among many other offensive environmental challenges, the ongoing issues of plastic bottles. They shared a little poem which helps you to remember which are the bad and which are the good.

4, 5, 1, 2, all the rest are bad for you.*

*1's have some ?'s surrounding them, but they're not necessarily terrible.

So, if your bottles is labeled 1, 3, 6 or 7 -- figure out what you want to do. The Camelback bottle I lifted from my Husband is a number 7. Ugh.

Take it for what it's worth -- depends on how militant you want to be about eliminating the plastic from your life.

I am certainly no professional... I'm just sharing this info that I heard on the radio (which is for entertainment puposes only) because I'm nice like that. :)

2 comments:

Courtney said...

LOL I know your notes...even if they aren't signed. :)

I agree about being without the machine. The Danskin bike course is only 12 miles, but it's 12 potentially vulnerable miles, if you know what I mean. If the swim sucks, the bike will be a little confidence booster for me. I need my baby!

Simply Theresa! said...

I just peeked at my cute pink water bottle on my desk. It's a number 7!

Thanks Donna and Dr. Oz!

Post a Comment