-->

Friday, June 06, 2008

Friday

Okay, so there's just 7 days until the tri. Aaaaaack!

Today is a day of "rest" from the gym. Tomorrow I am going to attempt to do all three events. I will bring my bike to the gym, on my car. I will swim at the gym, run out to do the bike, come back to the gym and do the run/walk. If I can get through it tomorrow, I know I'll be good to go next weekend.

I've had a couple "WoW" moments in the last few weeks; mostly shopping related. I can shop in the misses department totally. XL's always fit, and most L's are fitting now. Bought some shorts at Macy's... size 16! Not 16W and NOT pull on; tailored chino shorts. Even bought a 14 misses top. Women's sized tops are just too big now, as are the bottoms. I can't really believe it, and I feel like maybe the sizing changed, or something, and that it's not my body getting smaller. LOL Tried on a 38 DD bra and it fit. That freaked-my-freak, but still haven't had the courage to walk into a VS and try anything on for fear alarms would sound!

While my body is clearly changing that scale is just not moving! What-ev-ah!

It's all good though. It's all good.

4 comments:

SignGurl said...

I thought I was the only one who thought sizing changed! I'm so happy for you for wearing the misses sizes. The only problem now is that all the "cute" stuff is in the plus section *sigh*

I hope you find tomorrow goes smoothly for you :)

Courtney said...

Congrats on the NSVs! Who cares what the scale says...hooray for smaller clothes! :)

Thanks for the support, girl. The majority of people are telling me to stick to the swimming plan and git 'r done when the triathlon rolls around. I know it may sound foolish, but I'm willing to take the risk. If I end up being laid up the whole summer because I caused further damage, I'll at least have my finisher's medal to keep me company. LOL Stubborn, much?

Have a great weekend, girl.

Courtney said...

By the way, you are going to do a great job at the tri. Wish I could be there to cheer you on in person.

Also, when should we start counting our Hershey miles? I'm going to stay out of spin class, but I'm going to hit the recumbent bike for the next few weeks. I plan to return to spinning/outdoor cycling after the tri. FYI, I'm trying to recruit Alana and a girl at work.

Courtney said...

Hey again...check out this website:

http://www.uswts.com/

They haven't posted the Texas details yet, but it will be held in San Antonio on 9/28. Maybe we can check it out?

Post a Comment