-->

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

My Girlie-girl Weekend

My trip to Dallas to visit my best friend was fun and relaxing. The main reason for my visit was to go see Sex and the City (and a little self-indulgent celebratory shopping). Of course, like all the reports say, it was fantastic. I have to say though that if you never watched the series, you 'd probably enjoy it, but you'd miss out on the nuances of the characters and the significance of some of the one-liners.

Of course the fashion was great as usual; the couture bridal gowns... my God! Don't want to spoil anything for anyone, but they were gorgeous!

Heard today that SJP was a little peeved at designer Nina Ricci's people for telling her that the silver number she wore for the NYC opening had never been worn. On the contrary it had been previously worn by one of the Lohan girls for a mag shoot, as well as worn by some socialite attending function.

Of course none of it is about the dress being worn, it's about the deception. Still though, while I'm pumpin' gas at almost $4 a gallon, she's getting free luxury gowns to wear. It kinda puts things in perspective. I know it's not nice to have people lie, cheat and deceive.... but she has the choice to wear their designs or not. Hopefully the next time she'll choose the later. Bad business on Nina Ricci's behalf. Don't F*ck with a fashionista.

Saturday we started our day at the Zen Spa and got a pedi and my first facial. Beth says the facials weren't really that great, but on the whole it was a relaxing experience and I feel like my face does look brighter! The pedi was better than Canyon Ranch.... just awesome.

Just 12 days until the triathlon. Just start swimming, swimming, swimming.

3 comments:

Simply Theresa! said...

I have never seen a single episode and now I am in LOVE. I laughed, cried and fell in love with SATC. GREAT movie. You had a GREAT weekend! Good stuff.

Courtney said...

I truly loved the movie. Gosh, I missed those girls. The wedding gowns were fabulous...all of them! How powerful was the scene in the street? I was truly impressed with Kristin Davis.

You know what's funny? I saw so many groups of 4 women coming in to see the movie...and I was in a group of 4 myself. Coincidence, I'm sure. :)

Biker Chick Blog looks great, by the way!

SignGurl said...

*sigh* I so need a girlie girl weekend.

Post a Comment